Thursday, September 2, 2010

And now...a tour

Its taken me eight months to post something new. You could say blogging has fallen to the wayside. Yup, you could definitely say that. But I don't feel bad about it. I have a 18 month old to keep up with and am carrying around some extra weight, which tends to make me a teeny bit tired and unmotivated at this point. I had big plans for posting on Blake's 1st birthday back in February but obviously that didn't happen.



What did happen was finding out I was pregnant at the end of March. That was a bit of an unexpected thing as far as those sorts of things can actually be unexpected. And then basically all of April and May were shot for me. June, I was catching up on all the things I completely neglected during those previous months and July was family time and my baby sister's wedding. August has flown by uneventfully and I am just now feeling a little motivation to blog. So that's what happened and this is what you get...pictures of Blake's room! I don't think I ever actually posted pictures of his nursery way back when he was just a wee thing but honestly, it was nothing to brag about. Sure there was paint on the walls and matching crib bedding but there wasn't much else. Now knowing that we are expecting a second boy, I started adding a few more details to Blake's room to make it feel a bit more complete. Its not Pottery Barn Kids by any standard but I made do with what I had and its better than what it was. I'm still learning what I like and don't like as far as my home decorating skills go and there is still lots of improvement to be had but I am satisfied with what I did in the meantime. So you get pictures! Such an exciting post




Actually we'll start with his bathroom. This is the view into it. We painted the walls a dark blue when we first moved in but his bathroom has a "car" feel to it.



Some calendar prints that I ripped out and put into frames. The cars on the walls were brought into James' office by one of his co-workers and came from Steak-n-Shake, the fast food resturant. Classy!


Bright orange, red, and green shower curtain. Its a very vibrant bathroom but it works well together.



Blake's crib with a blanket on the wall.




This is the left side of his room. He and the new baby will share it eventually.



This is a needlepoint picture that James' paternal grandma made for her first grandchild back in the mid 70s (James' oldest brother, Jason). James' parents had it sitting around their house and since jason didn't want it, we took it. I love the colorful animals and like the fact that this was done by Blake's great-grandma and we get to have a small piece of her in his room.






You can't really tell how the curtains look but my mom and I bought the fabric way back when Blake was 6 months old and we finally made them into curtains and had it hung up just a month ago! Its nothing fancy and I don't have a valance but it adds a finishing effect to the room which I appreciate.



This is the curtain fabric, yellow and white pinstriped.



A little nook for Blake's books and toys. I didn't have anything except bins for stowing his stuff and finally bought a $15 shelf from Target. It does the job. I made the two truck pictures that hang above. Clipart and scrapbook paper make wonderful projects!




Then this is the right side of his room. We'll get a toddler bed at some point and put it against this wall when the baby takes over the crib. I'm hoping we won't have to do that until around Blake's 2nd birthday. The picture hanging on the wall is another thing I made...Blake's initals cut out of scrapbook paper. It says W B G II, since he is William Blake Gregga II.
And that completes the tour! The wall hangings, curtains, shelf, and dresser, actually all happened in the last month so you can see where the room wasn't much to look at before. Now its a bright cheerful room with a bit more personality to it and is ready for its new addition!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

It is about TIME you blogged again! :) Glad you did! Love what you've done in Blake's room. I can't believe he'll have a little brother in there soon. I hope your motivation to blog continues so I can hear and see what you're up to! :)

Danielle said...

I agree with Sunny. Keep up with the blogging! I don't think I've seen all of those additions to the room. Glad I get to see them this weekend! :)