Monday, June 16, 2008

Wonders of God

Recently James and I have been watching the DVD series of Planet Earth. If you have yet to see it, it is an absolute must! The videography is gorgeous and if you have a big screen tv with HD then it it even more brilliantly displayed. I wish I knew how to cut and paste a few pictures but I don't have the time to do it. Anyway if you have the opportunity then try and rent this series. We have watched the BBC version which is kinda cool because of the British narrator, it just sounds better. :)
Anyway, while watching this series, it just absolutely amazing to see the creation that God has made. His design for a multitude of animals is just mind-boggling. There are creatures we have never seen before and so much that is left undiscovered. What made me awestruck was just thinking about how sovereign God is over EVERYTHING! There was one show that focused on the sea creatures that live miles deep in the ocean. With newer technology, scientists are able to explore farther deep in the ocean like never before and see animals that have never been discovered. The creatures living down there were something out of a sci-fi movie. They were very oddly designed and lived their lives in total blackness since the sun's rays could not reach that deep. It was awesome to see creatures that had never been found before and it made me think of how even if we don't know what is out there, God knows. He cares about the ugly alien creatures in the pitch-black of the ocean and makes sure they can find food and breed and live. They were created for his glory. If God created and cares for things that we didn't even know existed, then surely he will care for me as he sent his Son to die for me. It makes it hard to have a pity party, which is what the last posting felt like.
My heavenly Father knows my desires and knows my pain. Yet he endured the worst pain and suffering of all, by dying on the cross, for me! How amazing is that! Even though I know all of this to be true, sometimes I just really get to pondering on it and it strikes me all over again. God really is good and is sovereign over all.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I haven't seen Planet Earth but really want to. It looks really good. God truly is awesome and wondrous!