Friday, December 31, 2010

Baby Alexander

I know I haven't even shared the story of how this little guy came into the world, and I will get to that at some point, but I figure you'll enjoy some pictures in the meantime.


My baby burrito.





This kid makes the most interesting expressions. Here are a few of them.
















Baby's first bath. He doesn't look too happy in the water.








Its hard to take pictures one handed







The ordeal is over and he survivied.








All cleaned and dressed (and ofcourse just shortly afterward he spit up all over himself. Oy!)




Aww, such a little guy



Most people say he looks more like me than his dad.



Blake is a great big brother. He really is very affectionate with Alexander.


Someone to watch over me.



While all of our family was in town, we took the opportunity to go ahead and have Alexander baptized. Our family sure was a sight up there! Blake must've thought he was on stage and needed to entertain his audience because while we were up there he pointed out people he knew and made faces at the congregation. I had a couple of people tell me that they had to look away from Blake or they would start laughing. I tried my best to stop him but its seems as though he couldn't resist. ;) Also Alexander started fussing almost immediately once we got up front. Our poor pastor had to raise his voice to be overheard by the unhappy whimpers. But despite these things, it was a wonderful event and we are humbled once again that God has given us another child to be parents of. What a blessing it is to have the godly responsibility of raising children to know and love the Lord!



Poor James had to try and calm the fussing baby. We probably would've switched kids but Blake has been very clingy lately and we knew if James held him that he would instantly be asking for "mama!". So to avoid that embarrassment, we had me holding Blake and James with the baby.



The pastor baptizing Alexander.

2 comments:

Night Nurse said...

Your baptism pictures turned out great! What cute little guys.

Sunny said...

Baby Alexander is so cute! I wish I could be there to hold and snuggle him. I do think he looks like you. Love his bath pictures and the special baptism photos. So cool that the family could be there to witness it. Miss you!