Friday, November 7, 2008

It's over

The day that I thought would never come has long come and gone. My bosses responded very well to my decision on leaving the workplace and were very generous in their support, which I was grateful for. It makes leaving a whole lot easier if you know people have your back! My last day was Oct 30th and I was ecstatic to be done with that place. As I drove up to the building in the morning, I thought to myself, this is the last time I will be driving up to work. Then, this is the last time I will be parking here for work, this is the last time I'll use the elevators, etc. Everything was "the last time" and I had a giddy feeling just thinking about it being the last time!



This is my former place of employment. I worked on the 23rd floor. It had awesome views of the Chicago skyline. But I won't be missing it too much.

My boss decided to announce to my co-workers that I was leaving by writing a message on a white board that everyone would see. I was happy about that because I really didn't feel like telling people individually that I was leaving. I wasn't especially close to anyone that I worked with so it wasn't hard at all to say good-bye. There were a few hugs and well wishes as I was preparing to leave and then I was out the door! When I got in the elevator I was so stoked that I pumped my fist in the air and started singing "I'm freeeeeeee...freeeee falling!" That was the song that popped in my mind just because of the words "I'm free." I was hoping that there were no security cameras in the elevator that captured my performance.

It is definitely a little bit strange to not have to go to work. Ever since I have been out of high school, I have always been working. Always following the demands and responsibilities for someone else's schedule and expectations of me. Its weird to not have that anymore. Although it won't be for very long because soon I will have another little boss who is probably going to be the most demanding person I have ever worked for but I can't wait!



24 weeks

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yay for being a stay-at-home mom!! I had a dream last night about Blake. I wasn't too interested in holding him, I wanted to read my book! Haha. Like that would ever happen. But he was a verrrrrry cute baby! He was so little and had a full head of brown hair, just like James. :)

Sunny said...

YAY!! Now you're a lady of leisure, right? Something like that. ;)