Wednesday, January 14, 2009

33 weeks and Blake's room

With each passing day we are getting closer and closer to meeting our little boy. I think I am becoming more comfortable with the idea of actually having to go through the process of popping this baby out. Reading books and going through our prenatal class is helping me become more prepared with the whole birth process also I am definitely becoming more uncomfortable and just want him out! Along with the excitement and anticipation, there are definitely some fears. Am I going to be a good mother? How will I know what to do? My life will drastically change and how will I cope with that? I am sure every new parent goes through the same thing. Any major change in your life will bring about some stress and worries but I know that in the end everything will be fine and I will probably just be over the moon at having my first child. I still cannot fathom that I will be a mom. It has been something I have wanted for a long time and has been a very difficult road to get to this point and yet I still can't comprehend what it all means. To say that I have a son, to love and nurture my child for the rest of his life. James and I won't just be husband and wife, we'll be mom and dad as well! Totally mind-blowing. I am completely blessed to be going through this. Even when Blake kicks me in my ribs and makes me get up a million times during the night he is such a blessing to me. I can't wait to meet him and see what he looks like!


33 weeks

Danielle told me the other day that she thinks I have more "junk in my trunk". Yeah...great...thanks sis. I am feeling bigger every day and that comment really helps! Grr.


This is the color my dad painted in Blake's room. It is a very bright and cheery blue.



Here is the bedding set I purchased. The theme in his room will be construction. I got this blanket, crib sheet, and crib bumper in a set on clearance at Target. I had looked at Babies-r-Us and they didn't have anything like this so I was thrilled when I saw this at Target.




This is the picture from the bedding set. We will be getting a crib in this natural oak color so you can see how its all pulled together. So cute!

4 comments:

Sunny said...

I LOVE your belly! It is so cute! LOL about the junk in the trunk. Do you remember when you and Dani came to visit when I was pregnant with Jonah and I went and cried in my bedroom when I realized how big my butt had gotten? Ugh, being pregnant does so many things to your body that is not pretty. It is worth it though! You're getting very close! The end is near. :) You will be an awesome mom, don't you worry! I love his room, the blue is very pretty. He'll love cars and trucks so the theme is perfect for a little boy.

April said...

Yes, I remember you crying about your extra "cushioning" back there. But you were soooo skinny before you got pregnant so it was a difference for you to actually have a butt! LOL But yeah, those comments are not very comforting.

Danielle said...

Sorry, April, you know as a sister I just can't help but point those things out to you! ;) But it does not look bad at all, just a little more than what you had before. :D

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh the belly picture is just perfect! You still look itty bitty! I love the bedding so much! It is fun and VERY boy! The paint color looks like the same one we had in Peytons first room in our last house ... I loved it and widh we would have done it again in this house =(