Things have been pretty hectic around here and it has been hard to find time to blog. But now as everything is settling down and I have recovered from the holidays, I will probably do a bunch of posts all at once to catch up. Our Christmas was great. James had Christmas Eve and Day off so that was really nice. We spent Christmas Eve with his side of the family at his aunt and uncle's house. We always get together with them and their two kids to have a nice dinner, exchanging of gifts, and the time-honored White Elephant gift exchange, which always provides lots of laughs. His parents were there as well but none of his brothers could make it this time. Christmas morning, James and I were able to have some time together and open up our gifts and then we had his parents over for breakfast and to open more gifts. Then it was off to my parents' house for Christmas dinner and more gift opening. All in all it was actually a really nice relaxing day that was spent with family and we had a wonderful time.
The day after Christmas, James went back to work and I was able to have some "girl" time with my mother-in-law. We went out to lunch and then did some shopping in the afternoon. I was looking for some maternity clothes but the stores that we stopped in didn't have that great of a selection and I felt as though the prices were unreasonable so that was a bit of a bummer but we did get a bunch of really cute things for Blake!
For New Year's Eve we had a few people over to ring in the new year. James and I had run errands all day and by the time the party rolled around, I was totally exhausted. My food was not laid out and I felt like I was so behind on things. There was a bunch of neat ideas I had for the party but in the end didn't do anything that I wanted (like party games and favors). I had completely run out of steam and wish I could've done more. Oh, well I think our guests still had an enjoyable time. We had some out-of-town friends staying with us that night and it was great to catch up with them and see their two adorable little girls. The next day James, his two cousins, and our overnight guests went snowtubing at our local golf/ski club. They had an awesome time and then came back to have munchies and watch football.
That Saturday was a girl's day outing. We watched the Benjamin Button movie and had lunch at the Olive Garden. Then the following week my dad was here painting Blake's room and my laundry room and james and I started our first prenatal class (more about that in another post). So all in all the past few weeks have been busy but very productive and fun. Now for some more to-the-point posts.
1 comment:
Yay for shopping! :)
Post a Comment