(Just kidding! He did NOT react this way. He was a very good baby for Nana. This picture was taken at another time when he was HUNGRY!)
Now you would think that since this is called a spring gallop and since we are now officially in spring that it would be perfect weather to do a 5k. Well, my friend you are wrong! Typical Chicago weather it was 34 degrees with 30mph arctic winds outside! It has been pretty nice the past few weeks and now on the day we are going to be outside and doing a race it has to be freezing cold! I was so annoyed.
Proof from the themometer in my car. It even says ICE on it. Too freakin' freezing!!
But we went anyway. While Dani and I were in the car I wanted her to take a picture of us doing "5 K" in sign language. I was doing "5" while Dani did "K". But its not as easy to do one handed while in the car (or Dani is just a really bad shot!) Fourth time is the charm.
Hands are cut off.
Can't see the K!
Half a face!
Ahh perfection!
So we get to Blackberry Farm where they are holding the race and meet up with our friends Stephanie and Christina. Steph and Christina were a bit late so we started after the shot rang out for the race to begin. We all planned to stay together and were planning on doing the majority of it walking with a few short jogging bursts. I had just gotten the okay from my doctor last Wednesday to start working out as it was my 6 week postpartum check-up so I did not have any time to practice for this. Originally I was not going to do it since Blake was due at the end of Feb but since he came early I signed up for it. We had no lofty goals of finishing in 30 minutes or anything like that but just wanted to do it to say we have done it. After 48 minutes we crossed the finish line!
Steph, Dani, me, Christina- We did it!!!
(I am standing weird. It looks like I have to use the potty!)
We were all so stoked about doing it that we plan to do it again. This time the goal is to do it in a better time frame. Our next one is May 9. It better be warm!
3 comments:
You should have done the sign language the other way since it is now k5! :-p Had to tease you about that!
Great job on finishing your first 5k! I love seeing the pictures! Sorry it was so bitterly cold though. Ugh! And would you time be a little better since you started a bit late? I would say so, haha!
I love your shirts you got. Nice and warm looking! Glad you had a good time and are already planning another one! Go you!
Yeah I just noticed we say k5 in the pics. Oh well! Haha.
Sunny, our official time was 48 minutes and 40 seconds so we took the 40 seconds off since we started late. It probably wasn't much better than that.
Awesome! Good for you! I'm still trying to find some motivation to get back into running, but it's hard to find motivation when I'm by myself.... Aw gee. (I sound like Celine Dion...)
Post a Comment