Thursday, March 5, 2009

A quilt for Blake

Last Monday we got a special gift in the mail. My sister-in-law, Pam, made an adorable quilt for Blake. He looks good sporting his Aunt's handiwork.










The back of the quilt with awesome stitching.



Close up on the fabric


She did an amazing job and I know that we will get a ton of use out of this lovely gift. I wish I knew how to quilt. James said that since I have my sewing machine then I should get to work on making one for him. Uh, yeah hon, like that is something I have loads of time for right now! Eventually I would like to make one but it won't be for a loooong time. We can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks, Auntie Pam!






3 comments:

Night Nurse said...

Aw gee! I'm glad he likes it! :o) If you ever decide to get into, I have to warn you, it's a little bit of an addiction if you like starting and finishing projects. It's a great hobby!

Sunny said...

It is so cute! Great job, Pam! I can't even sew buttons on, LOL! So sorry April, no cute handcrafted items from Auntie Sunny. I'll just send more hand-me-downs. ;)

Danielle said...

Wow, that's an awesome quilt! I love the stitching on the back! Now how come you haven't shown it to me in person????
Lol, Sunny. I won't be making any handcrafted stuff for him either... but I can buy him lots of matchbox cars. :D