Well, its been two weeks since we found out we are indeed having a boy and nothing has been done! The main reason is that we just don't have the time! James is working 6 days a week and the free time that he does have is wrapped up in other things. I am the same way. Either during the week I am so busy that I just have no time and then the weekend comes along and I have been out and about doing other things.
We probably will have my dad paint the room in Nov or Dec since James really won't have the time to do it and I am not doing it by myself. I so badly want to get into the room and reorganize it though but have yet to find the time to do it. This is what Blake's room looks like now...
It has basically been a "catch-all" room since we moved in. It looked a little better at one point but you know how junk tends to accumulate.
And the walk in closet is not walkable! The floor is crammed with boxes and stuff. I need to take everything out and store it somewhere else.
Even though his room doesn't look like much now, I don't think it will take me too long to get things organized. I already reorganized the garage so that way most of this stuff will be able to go in there. I'll be fired up and ready to go in November! I am not planning on working anymore after the end of this month so all the things I want to do and keep thinking about will be able to get started in a couple more weeks. My desire to do, do, do is a little over the top at the moment. It must be the whole nesting thing because I have lists upon lists of what I want to do before Blake is here.
I also thought we would maybe start buying a few items for Blake or that in the very least my MIL would get an outfit for him because she has talked so much about shopping for him before she knew he was a him. But lo and behold one of my friends was the first to buy him an outfit! We had her and her adorable family over on Sunday (she is due with her third in December) and they had a little gift for us. This is Blake's very first article of clothing. I love baby stuff. I can't believe that I will have my very own baby that will be able to use this. I am so excited!
The only other item that we have for Blake is a baby Dumbo that I bought while at Disneyland last month. I thought it would be a cute way to commemorate the fact that I was pregnant with my first baby and was at Disneyland, the place where dreams come true. :) Dumbo is soft and cuddly and comes with a little blanket that is detachable.
The only problem is that Guinness thinks its a toy for himself. He absolutely loves stuffed toys and can destroy them in five minutes flat so I have to keep baby Dumbo high on a shelf where Guinness can't get him. What are we going to do when we have soft baby toys all over the place??
So there you have it. Blake's first bedroom, his first outfit, and first stuffed animal. Isn't the beginning of things so exciting?
5 comments:
His room will be so cute when you have it done. You're good at the decorating thing. :) Are you going to use the antique dresser in his room? I almost want you to paint it but I'm not sure how mom would feel about it. I think it needs some sprucing up. And now I feel bad for not having sent you anything for the baby yet! Argh! Must... be... Blake's... favorite.. aunt... ;)
I don't plan on using the dresser in the room. A drawer is broken and I need to get it fixed. I will probably just move it somewhere else until I find a better use for it. There is no reason to feel bad, Dani has not gotten anything either. lol You have plenty of time... favorite aunt.
Hey, if anyone is going to be the favorite aunt, it's going to be ME!!! I have money to spend on Blake and since I live 20 minutes away I will be able to see him as often as I wish so too bad Sunny!! ;)
That picture of Guinness and Dumbo is cute! How did you get him to pose for it? It looks so perfect! Haha. :)
Oh yeah, and I wanted to say I have now bought Blake 4 little outfits, and there will be plenty more other things coming, thank you very much!
Well it wasn't hard to get Guinness to be near Dumbo since he wanted to play with it. I just had him get close then look at me. He is such a cute doggie. ;)
Post a Comment