Monday, October 6, 2008

20 Weeks

I cannot believe that I am at the halfway point now! There were plenty of times that I thought I would never make it this far. But I rejoice in the fact that the Lord is faithful and he has seen fit to bring me and the baby this far. Yay! There has been LOTS of movement with baby. I think I started feeling it move by week 15 but it was so rare and infrequent and since I wasn't sure exactly what it was supposed to feel like, I didn't put much stock into it. When I was in California, I could definitely tell that there was life fluttering about and then by week 18 it happened everyday throughout the day. It is the strangest feeling but completely awesome. :)

Last week James and I were hanging out in front of the tv after dinner and the baby started kicking pretty hard so I told James to put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel it. We waited for a bit and then I said "There!" as the baby moved and James was able to feel it. He was pretty awe-struck by it. He felt it a total of three times that night. Which was pretty cool.

It is still surreal to think that there is a human growing inside of me. Our baby! We both can't really wrap our minds around it. It probably won't really sink in until the baby is out and in our arms and we are shifted into the automatic role of parenthood. How exciting this all is!

We find out what gender the baby is this Friday morning. Have any guesses on what it is? I sure don't. I have no strong feelings either way but am REALLY looking forward to finding out what it is. Once we find out the sex then we are kicking it into high gear as far as getting the nursery ready and registering and all that other fun stuff. We have our names picked out so that is settled. I am ready to know so I can start referring to the baby by its proper name instead of "it" and "baby". Pictures and the gender announcement will be posted on Friday. Can you feel the suspense??

1 comment:

Kourtni said...

I'm sooo excited to find out what you're having! You're a girl after my own heart with having your baby names ready for the ultrasound reveal! ;)
I love feeling the baby kick. Now that I'm further along sometimes it's so strong it actually hurts a little, but I still love it... and it's definitely Andy's favorite part too since it's something he can participate in!
Can't WAIT for the BIG announcement!!!