After she was done with all the measurements and picture taking, we went back to the waiting room to wait until we got called in to the exam room to speak with the doctor. As we were waiting we were talking about how awesome it was and how exciting it is that we are having a boy. James said that he almost started tearing up in the ultrasound room when he heard it was a boy. He really wanted to have a boy the first time around and it was sweet to see how strong his emotions were about it. He started talking about all the stuff they could do when he is older and how he will get to teach him things. Aww!
So we get called back into the exam room where I was weighed (I gained 6 lbs in 4 weeks, is that too much?) and the doctor comes in to explain the ultrasound pics. He went around showing us what was what and saying that everything looked normal and healthy at this point. Brain, kidneys, heart, and spine showed no abnormal defects so that was good to hear. The visit didn't last long since we didn't really have any questions and just wanted to get out of there so we could start making phone calls. :)
So, yes, its a boy! We have the name picked out already and our little boy will be named after my father-in-law (this is the first grandson for the Gregga side). So he will be called William Blake Gregga but will go by his middle name, Blake. Little Blakey, we are so excited to be your parents and can't wait for your big arrival in a few short months! Let the baby planning fun begin!
20 weeks- Little Blake safe inside
His head and body. There is a bright white line under his head, that is his arm curled around the side of his face.
His cute little foot.
4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! Yay for little Blake! I am very happy for you both, knowing you really wanted a boy. I can't wait to meet him. :)
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you guys... cute ultrasound pics too. I always love the feet ones. =)
Oh, and NO 6 pounds is not too much! I had 10 pound months. You're still tiny. I think the suggested weight gain is 4 pounds a month (one per week) after 20 weeks. :) You're just making up for some of the weight you lost!
Oof, a ten pounder month?! I guess the 6 lbs doesn't look too bad. lol Although if I continued with 6 lbs a month, I would probably end up with a lot more excess weight than I want.
Post a Comment