...let me count the ways.
I love seeing Blake's developing personality in ways such as these...
1. He is a major snuggle-bunny. He loves getting kisses and being held close. He fell asleep in my arms at a friend's house and she wistfully said she wished her boys did that but the only time they were happy in the cradle-hold was when they were eating.
2. He is such a mellow and easy-going baby. He can be quite serious sometimes as he studies the world around him and its fascinating to see him try to work things out. He is a very happy baby.
3. He can be a big talker and sometimes has to stop in the middle of nursing to "talk" to me for a while before happily going back to eating. He also loves holding my face close and "talking" to me as I am inches away from his face as he is on the changing table.
4. He loves baths and enjoys kicking the water to make big splashes.
His sleeping habits...
1. When he is tired he either needs his pacifier or his thumb to help him fall asleep. I love seeing the pacifier in his mouth as he kinda zones out and sucks on it. He's so cute.
2. He also needs something to hold onto as he falls asleep. He likes either grabbing ahold of his sheets or holding onto a little blanket that he can hold close.
3. When he wakes up he sticks his little butt in the air and strrrretches out his arms. He'll keep his eyes closed for a while as he slowly wakes up but he'll still give me a smile.
His physical features...
1. When he smiles, his face really does light up. His eyes crinkle and he gives a great big wide smile. I love it!
2. His eyes can get really wide as he looks around. Many people compliment him on such big eyes. Color-wise they are turning more hazel.
3. He has great expressions. His little eyebrows wriggle around and he can make the cutest faces.
4. He has a slight dimple on his left cheek when he gives a smirk, that one I can claim as mine.
There are so many other things that I love about my little boy and I know that as he grows, the list will just get longer. Ah, being a Mommy is fantastic.
2 comments:
Yeah... now try to write a list about anyone else and the words won't come as easily! There's nothing quite like that mother-child bond!
Awww, such sweet words!
Post a Comment